Mention the word “Marketing” to a group of ranchers/farmers – and watch their eyes roll and see them squirm in their seats. Marketing evokes fear and apprehension as it is the one subject that create the most uncomfortableness.
Imagine – what happens when you get 2 more bidders to the sale barn to bid on your cattle. How much more per POUND will you get.
- 12c a pound on a truckload of 500 pound calves equals to just over $5000 for the load.
That is the power of getting 2 more bidders to your sale.
YOU ask? How –
- Simple website that can be be built for $500 ( plus $100 a year ) Find a friend that develops websites for ranchers. ( KitsList.com).
- A couple of 1/4 page ads in Regional Publications ( $1000 a year )
- Pictures of your operation as the calves grow ( on your cell phone )
- Patients/Consistency – this will take time for buyers to notice the difference that sets you cattle apart from everyone elses
- Wean and Pre Condition – It pays for the work put in. Feeders want weaned and vaccinated calves. Check this Article.
For an initial investment of $1500 – YOUR calves will be ” MARKETED “.